Big chocolate muffins
5d dl flour
2 1/3 dl cocoa powder
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 whole eggs plus 1 yolk
2 1/2 dl sugar
125 ml vegetable oil
200 ml sour cream
150 ml vanilla flavoured Ísey skyr
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
300 g chocolate chips
(split in half, used 2x in recipe)
1. Preheat oven to 190°C
2. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
3. Whisk the sugar and eggs until smooth and airy, and the mixture sticks to the sides of the bowl
4. Slowly add the oil to the egg mixture followed by the sour cream and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly.
5. Gently add the dry mixture with a rubber spatula. Add 150 g of the chocolate chips gently into the batter.
6. Place large muffin liners into large muffin tins. Pour the mixture into each liner and top with some of the leftover chocolate chips.
7. Bake the muffins for 10 minutes at 190°C, lower the temperature to 175°C and bake for a further 10 minutes.