Meatballs with tzatziki sauce
1 pack of mince meat
1 dl bread crumbs
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/3 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil for cooking
1 tbsp fresh dill
2 tbsp natural skyr
Juice from 1/2 lemon
1 clove of garlic
- Turn on the oven and set to 200°C.
- Put the minced meat in a bowl with the bread crumbs and the egg.
- Finely chop the red onion and garlic and add to the bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix everything well together. Make balls from the dough.
- Add the oil to a frying pan and cook the balls until they have begun to cook on all sides. Place them in a baking dish and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until they are cooked through (the time depends on the size of the balls).
- Slice the cucumber lengthways and remove the watery core with a spoon. Cut the cucumber first lengthways and then into small pieces. Place it in a bowl and add the skyr to it.
- Squeeze the lemon over it and then use a garlic press to add the crushed garlic to the sauce.
- Cut the dill into small pieces, mix together and add salt to taste.